The Safe Woman programme helps Mayors and Local Government deliver strategic change in relation to gender equality and sexual harassment. We achieve this be setting up a continuous improvement programme to help Local Government’s meet their legal responsibilities under;
- Public Health and Wellbeing Act (2008) section 24
- Local Government Act 1999 (3c) (3d)
- Victorian Equal Opportunity Act 2010
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984
- Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006
iSensing talks to Local Governments around the world, everyone we have talked to had gender equality as a strategic priority. There was no evidence that change was not needed or wanted but change across a whole city or region is difficult and there is often not a proven process that works that could be referenced. This is exactly what Safe Woman offers to cities, a vehicle to deliver massive change in gender equality that is inclusive of citizens, local government, police and transport organisations.